Nathaniel Stetson, M.S., D.O. Board-Certified Neurosurgeon
Nate Stetson D.O., M.S. is a board-certified neurosurgeon in Oklahoma City. He completed his pre-medical studies at the University of Vermont. He went on to complete a master's degree in health policy and clinical practice at Dartmouth College. He graduated from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2007 and went on to complete his residency in neurological surgery at Northwell Health Institute for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Dr. Stetson is board certified and holds memberships with the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons and the Oklahoma Osteopathic Association.
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and
Clinical Practice Improvement Master of Science - Concentration in
Healthcare Improvement and Innovation.
Hanover, New Hampshire
- University of Vermont
Bachelor of Science - Biological Sciences with honors
- North Shore University Hospital/Northwell Health Insitute for Neurology and Neurosurgery
Manhasset, New York
- Board Certified - American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
Spine Research 2010-2013
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore - Long island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY. Worked in the neurosurgery biomechanics and bioengineering spine lab under Nadeen Chahine, PhD and Mitchell Levine, MD. Research includes understanding the role and relationships between inflammation and biomechanics in the etiology of disc degeneration.
Biomedical Research 1998-1998
The Jackson Laboratory Immunology Department - Bar Harbor, ME
Assisted in a research project that focused on generating transgenic mice with genetically modified B cells in an attempt to protect mice with Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis (a model for autoimmune Multiple Sclerosis)
Biomedical Research / Thesis Work 1997-1999
University of Vermont Immunobiology Department - Burlington, VT
Participated in an independent research project as part of my undergraduate thesis. The project focused on understanding the role of p38 Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase pathway in T cell development and activation using various molecular constructs for the over expansion of p38 in transgenic mice.
- Stetson, N; Rajan, N; Seweanan, L; Frawley, R; Scro, M; Razzanp, P; Levine, M; Grande, D; Chahine, NO. Severity of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration Limits Terapeutic Potential of Mesenchymal Stem Cells. 2011 Orthopedic Research Society annual meeting, Jan 13-16, Long Beach, CA.
- Chahine, NO; Bloom, O; Scro, M; Stetson, N; Kumar, A; Papatheodorou, A; Levine, M; Grande, DA; Sherry, B. In Vivo Lypopolysaccharide (LPS) Injection Provokes Secretion of Multiple Pro Inflammatory Mediators of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. 2011 Orthopedic Research Society annual meeting, Jan 13-16, Long Beach, CA.
- Chahine, N; Stetson, N; Rajan, N; Grande, D; Levine, M. Recovery of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration Post Enzymatic Treatment is Mediated by MatrixMetalloproteinases. 2011 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Farmington PA.
- Rajan, N; Stetson, N; Razzano, P; Levine, M; Grande, D; Chahine, N. Response of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Intervertebral Disc Cellsto Inflammatory Challenge. 2011 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Farmington PA.
- Narayan, RK; Stetson, N. Management of Subdural Hematomas in Coagulopathic Patients. Congress of Neurological Surgeons annual meeting, 2011.
- Nena Rajan; Nate Stetson, DO; Robert Maidof, PhD; Mitchell Levine, MD; Nadeen Chahine. In Vivo Administration of an Inflammatory Stimulant Can Trigger Loss of Biomechanical and Biochemical Properties of the Intervertebral Disc. 2012 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference
- Diehl NL, Enslen H, Fortner KA, Merritt C, Stetson N, Charland C, Flavell RA, Davis RJ, Rincon M. Activation of the p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway Arrests Cell Cycle Progression and Differentiation of Immature Thymocytes in Vivo. Journal of Experimental Medicine; 191: 321-33, Jan 2000.
- Stetson ND, Pile-Spellman J, Brisman JL. Contrast Extravasation on CTA Mimicking a Basilar Artery Aneurysm in Angiogram-Negative Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: Report of Two Cases. Neurosurgery. 2012 Nov;71(5):E1047-52
- Nadeen Chahine, PhD; Neena Rajan, BS; Nathaniel Stetson, DO; Ona Bloom PhD' Mitchell Levine, MD. Toll Like Receptor 4 (TLR-4) Expression and Stimulation in an Inflammatory Model of Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. Journal of Neurosurgery-Spine, 2012 Jul 30.
- Camille Milton, Panayiotis E Pelargos, Nathanial D Stetson, Manuel Maldonado-Vital, Kar-Ming A Fung, Ian Dunn. A rare giant mixed germ cell tumor of the pineal region with immature elements: Case report and review of the literature. Rare Tumors, 2021 Jun 20
- American Syringomyelia and Chiari Project (ASAP) - board of directors 2014-2015
- Clinical Neurosciences Director, Integris Hospital System 8/2020 - 10/2021
- August 2013 - August 2015, Neuroscience Specialists/Oklahoma Spine Hospital
4120 West Memorial Road, Suite 300
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73120
- August 2015 - October 2021: Integris Spine and Neurological Surgery Department
- October 2020 - October 2021: Neurosciences Director, Integris Health
3300 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
- October 2021 - current: Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Neurosurgery Department/Mercy Hospital
4120 West Memorial Road, Suite 102
Oklahoma City OK 73120
For more information, please visit: www.stetsonspineclinic.com